Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Search Engine Optimisation is a vital component of any website. There are several factors used to improve the ranking of a website and these include:
- Metadata is carefully thought out.
- Key phrases in title, h1, h2 and h3 tags. Search engines give far more weight to these areas.
- The website contains a proportion of links to and from other websites.
- The content of the site is meaningful. Where applicable alternative content is provided for areas such as images, flash content etc.
- Use of style sheets to separate style from content, keeping the mark-up clean, clear and content specific.
- Try to use words in the title tag that links on the page, if there are multiple occurrences of a word on a page it will be rated higher
- Make links to other pages on the site containing similar content.
- Images to include alt tag descriptions
- The website uses title tags on text links ( like alt tags on images)
- Addition of individual page title tags
- Addition of a site map listing the services by categories and sub categories– this could be a hidden page that we just submit to the free search engines.
Foran Enterprise adhere to the above guidelines when building a website. We include registration of your website with the main search engines (i.e. submission for Google, Yahoo, Live Search, Ask) with all our web packages.